Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Its been a long time....

Its been a long time since I posted. I have been busy or not inspired enough to write.

Of late I learned about something shocking going in in journalistic circles. It appears that PR firms are making short videos that mimic reports by journalists. Then they release these videos, which are little more then ads for a product or service, to newsrooms across the country. A shocking number of newsrooms have taken these little PR videos and presented them to their audiences as straight news. They don't disclose that its really PR either. This is really disturbing. You can actually see the actual videos of this practice at the following link. Just look for the April 6th headline.

http://www.prwatch.org/

So much has been going on in the world too! I hope all Battlestar Galactica fans were able to catch the end of season 2. What a shocking ending! Ron Moore sure takes risks but he has created a brilliant show. I can only wonder how they will resolve the current crisis. Its too bad that we have to wait till October to find out. I watched a movie the other night on Sci Fi called SS Doomtroopers and it ranks up there as one of the all time worst movies I have ever seen. So if you want to torture yourself for 2 hours some night go and watch that movie. The British hit show Dr. Who has finally come to US TV and its actually quite good. It feels very different then the original, as this has a lot of real comedy along with the wild stories. I can see why its such a big hit there but of course you must appreciate British humor (I do)

On the political front I should be more happy but I am not. The Republican disarray has not really crystallized a democratic plan to fix things. Sure they have stated a win in Nov and they will undue some of the worst excesses of Bush's reign like making his tax cuts to the rich permanent. The problem is they do not seem to have a plan for what they want to do, and that's what they really need if they want to clean house in November. As it is they may pick up a lot of seats, but without a plan to govern it will be hard to get the numbers they need to take back both houses.

On the homefront my Dog just turned 3 and my mom turned 70. My dad will be 78 this year. I can only hope to be in the kind of shape he is in if I make it to that age (I doubt I will) He puts men 15 years younger to shame. My writing has been sporadic but I have found a good job lead in the legal field recently. With money worries out of the way maybe it will make it easier for me to do more serious writing. At least this is the plan.....

Well cya all

No comments: